Usage guideline for
Candle Safety & Use Instructions
WARNING! A lit candle is an open flame
- Before burning any of our candles, always straighten, then trim the wick to ¼ inch.
- You can use a wick trimmer, nail clippers, or scissors to cut the wick.
- Long or crooked wicks can cause uneven burning, dripping or flaring and can be a fire hazard.
- Keep the wax clear of wick trimmings, match pieces and debris at all times.
- Always burn a candle on a heat and fire safe surface that is fire resistant, sturdy, and large enough to contain any melted wax drips.
Burn candles in a well-ventilated but not drafty room:
- Avoid burning a candle in an area affected by drafts, vents or air currents. This will help prevent rapid or uneven burning, sooting, and weak scents. If the candle scent is not as strong as expected, you may have ventilation or air filtration systems diminishing scent throw.
- Our candles will emit a noticeable aroma in an enclosed area of approximately 100 sq ft.
- In general, it is recommended that you do not burn candles for longer than four hours and cool them for at least two hours before relighting.
- Candles burned longer than four hours may overheat and create a fire hazard.
- When lighting a candle, use long matches or a long-reach lighter.
- Always keep your hair and loose clothing away from the flame.
- Never leave a lit candle unattended.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire.
- Keep burning candles away from furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable decorations, or anything else that may quickly burn.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not place lighted candles where children, pets or anyone else can knock them over.
- Never touch or move a candle while the wax is still molten.
- For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when 1/2 inch of wax remains in the container.
- Place burning candles at least three inches apart from one another. This is to ensure they don’t melt one another or create their own drafts that will cause the candles to burn improperly.
- Extinguish a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly.
- Let the candle cool, trim and straighten the wick, and check for unwanted drafts before re-lighting.
- Never use a candle or where you may fall asleep.
- Be very careful if using candles during a power outage. Flashlights and other battery-powered lights are safer light sources during a power failure.
- Never burn a candle in a tent or a non-ventilated space.
- Candles emit carbon monoxide. Practice and use proper safety measures to limit hazardous exposure to carbon monoxide. Exposure to unsafe limits of carbon monoxide may be fatal.
- Never use a candle during a power outage to look for things in a closet or when fuelling equipment – such as a lantern or kerosene heater.
When Extinguishing a Candle:
- Always use caution when extinguishing a candle, whether by blowing out, using a snuffer or with a wick dipper.
- Do not use the candle lid to extinguish the candle.
- Never use water to extinguish a candle. Water will cause the hot wax to splatter and break a glass container.
- Make sure the candle is completely out and the wick ember is no longer glowing or smoking before walking away from the candle.
- Do not touch or move the candle until it has thoroughly cooled.
- Never use a knife or sharp object to remove wax drippings from a glass holder. It might scratch, weaken, or cause the glass to break upon subsequent use.
Storing Your Candle:
- Our candles are best stored top side up with the lid securely attached, at normal room temperatures.
- Cooler temperatures may cause the wax to shrink slightly, resulting in a visible separation from the glass, and warmer temps may induce the melting or oiling of the top layer of wax.
B) Incense Sticks & Dhoop Sticks
- You can choose to either hold one end of the stick incense or place it on an incense burner/Holder to keep it steady and angled upwards
- Light the other end of the stick incense with a match or lighter like a candle wick. Ensure that the incense is immersed in the flame until it ignites and a small flame is visible
- Allow the flame to burn for a few seconds, then gently fan or blow out the flame
- Check the incense tip where the flame was. If you see a tiny glowing ember and a small amount of smoke coming out of the end, the incense has been correctly lit. If you’re unsure, leave the incense for a minute, then check to see if you can smell the scent and whether more ash has been created at the tip. If you do not see a glowing ember and there are no smells or ash, you have completely extinguished the incense by accident and will need to repeat steps 1-3 above.
- If you were using your hand to hold the stick, you could now place it into the incense/Dhoop holder. Be sure that the tip of the incense is within the boundary of the incense burner/Holder so that any ash can be collected on the burner.
- Please ensure you put the incense burner/holder on the heat-resistant surface, and no flammable items like curtains or Papers are near where the ashes can drop.
- Burn the incense stick only in a well-ventilated area. Do not light incense in a closed room or inside a cupboard.
- Sit back and enjoy the smell of your burning incense stick.
- Dhoop Sticks Lighting: –Dhoop sticks are very thick as compared to Incense sticks, so to burn them properly, the complete
Circumference of the stick has to be lit & upon blowing the flame, you should see that the edge is completely lit. If this instruction is not followed, the stick may stop burning in between.
The ash from the incense stick can cause discolouration to your furniture. Also, it can become a fire hazard if the incense stick comes in contact with the fixtures, cabinets, tables, and other furniture.
How to Put Out a Stick Incense (not recommended)
- Sometimes, we don’t want to burn an entire incense stick. Perhaps you only wanted to burn the incense for a 15-minute meditation session or 10 minutes of reading. In this case, you can put out an incense halfway through burning and keep the remainder for your next session.
- You might find other instructions which tell you to put the burning stick into the water. We prefer not to do that, as water can affect the quality of the incense and prevent it from burning the next time properly. The two methods below are simple and keep the incense dry and ready for its next burn.
- Remove the incense from the holder using your hand.
- Press the lit tip of the stick incense against a heat-resistant surface with some force until the piece with the ember breaks off.
- Ensure the ember stays on the non-flammable surface, and wait until the ember has wholly died out before touching it to clean up
DON’TS OF BURNING AN INCENSE/Dhoop STICK
- An incense/dhoop stick is not safe to throw away when it is not entirely extinguished. A burning incense stick carelessly tossed into the bin can quickly trigger a fire and cause a mishap.
- Never keep Incense sticks within reach of children, pets, and babies. It can cause severe burns and scars if touched accidentally.
- It is safe to avoid incense sticks if you have any breathing disorders such as asthma. Please consult with your physician.
- Some incense sticks have mind-altering effects due to their herbal content. Always check the effects of your incense.
- Never leave an incense stick lit and unattended in your home.
- An incense stick should not be consumed orally, no matter what.
Storing Your Incense/Dhoop Sticks:
- All the incense/Dhoop sticks should be stored at normal room temperatures & should not be exposed to high humidity, as the base material is wood & is prone to absorb moisture. Moisture may hamper the proper burning of the sticks. If you observe this issue, keep these in dry air so that they may lose moisture & later, you can use them. This issue may be more prominent in the Rainy season or tropical climate regions.
- It’s recommended to keep the sticks in the unique covers & in the box provided & keep them in the dry area. After every use, close the box lid.
C) Wax Tablets
These are meant for hanging in an enclosed area like Wardrobe/Closets/Cupboards/Almirah/Cabinets
Remove the plastic cover & hang it with the string Provided. Opening or sliding the doors or shutters circulate air around the wax tablet & release a refreshing fragrance. These are not designed for big open spaces like bedrooms/washrooms, and if used, you may not get good results, or the scent may quickly disintegrate.
- As these are made from real natural Wax, it’s not recommended to use as a car freshener as in summer it may melt & stain the car.
- Keep Away from Infants & pets as these are non-edible & may choke and be harmful if ingested unknowingly.
- Properly dispose of off when all the fragrance is disintegrated